Sunday, December 15, 2013

New Dundee Gift Processing Center

Goodness, it's been a while! Where did the time go?! Much has happened since our last update. The most significant change in our lives is the transition of the ARM Ministries gift processing center from Dallas, Texas, to right here in Dundee, Oregon. In August, Alan and Dianne Mezger made the trek from Texas to here with computer equipment, printer, supplies and files so that Dianne could train me in my new position. I now spend 3-5 hours a week, and 8-10 hours at the end of every month, recording, depositing and sending out statements for all the donations made to ARM missionaries.

It has been a good challenge, and I enjoy my work. It's especially a blessing to see special gifts come in, and new donors sending monthly gifts. I also enjoy occasional personal communication with our missionaries, and sometimes even donors. I recently spoke on the phone with a donor who has a son living near Dundee. She mentioned it would be great to get together sometime when she and her husband are up this way. What a dear lady!

I mentioned that this was a transition in OUR lives, not just mine. It has required some schedule juggling, and sharing of responsibilities around the house a bit more to accommodate the time spent in my new ministry work. It has been eye opening to me how much adding just a few hours of work to my week changes what I am able to accomplish! I have a new appreciation for those who go back to work after being a stay-at-home parent. Reid and the kids are great helpers and supporters, and I am so thankful for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment